Monday, July 11, 2011

i wait for you you LORD, my soul does wait.
i wait for you LORD, my sould does wait.
and in your Word, i hope, my soul does wait.
more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning
my sould waits... for your LORD.
Psalm 130

and, though our family is spread so far apart we know the truth of this song and verse...

where can i go from your presence?  
where can i flee from your spirit?
if i go up to heaven you're there,
if i make my bed in the depths you are there!


if i rise on the wings of the dawn,
if i settle on the far side of the sea, 
even there your hand will guide me your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-10

AMEN!

God is teaching me so much.  So much about hope, which spurs on patience, and peace that is only found in focusing on Him and that all things be for His glory.  And, through this process I am being pruned and though that might be painful and sometimes ugly - in the end, I pray to bear more fruit and bring Him all the glory!

Today I stood up in church in much need of prayer and some friends came around me and I shook and cried out to the Lord to continue his pruning and help me to be stripped of all that is not of Him and not for Him.  I am so thankful to know that I don't stand here alone, though at times it feels that way. Praise God!

3 comments:

Mattie said...

Thinking of you so much! God will bless you in the waiting...

Melissa said...

Love that Psalm 139. David knew what he was talking about :) Praying for you, Kelly!
Melissa

Far From Perfect MaMMa said...

And just remember friend...when there is pruning the fruit or blooms that return are even far grander. Continuing to pray for the day you will ALL be together!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...