Sunday, July 31, 2011

july, and all it's chaos.

We are still alive and kickin'! We've been a little overwhelmed with life and have had to put the blog on the back burner for a few weeks. I'm sure you all knew we were totally overwhelmed and hopefully understand.

First off, congratulations to us (oh and Steve & Colleen) as we became first time aunt and uncle and cousins this week!  We cannot wait to meet our niece, Liv--9lbs 5oz--born on Tuesday the 27th!

Let me give you a glimpse into what's been happening stateside for Norah and me, in Germany for Wrigley and David, and in Korea for Evelyn.  I've decided to break this post up since it got a little long.

Stateside: The week of the July 18-22, Norah and I had some pretty drastic transitions and I know it's just the beginning of all the exciting and trying changes around the corner (I'm grateful that Norah is clueless)!

On the 18th the first moving company came to pack up most of important/expensive items that would fly over to Germany via airplane.  The items we sent were mostly essentials and high value items since they would be arriving before our actual SHIPment of house hold goods.  After that day of the movers, we packed the Jeep and headed to our new temporary home with some wonderful friends!

Tuesday-Thursday the second moving company came and packed up everything else that we are bringing to Germany.  These items were wrapped in brown paper or packed in boxes and fit together like puzzle pieces onto these very large wood cases and sealed before they left the house.  At some point the cases will get loaded onto a ship and make their way to Germany and our new home!  The companies moving our goods have to deliver them by September 26th so... we might be in an empty house for a while!

Finally, on Friday a third moving company came to take the few items we were not allowed to bring with us overseas, like our washer & dryer, elliptical and random kitchen appliances.  These items will be stored until we return to the states.  By Friday I had spent so much time at the house without much to do so I was ready to hand the keys over to the landlord and be free of that responsibility!  Norah did well during this trying week but it was obvious that she just wasn't getting the parental attention she needed.  She spent most of the days with different friends and that's just not something she's used to.

During that same week I showed the Jeep to two different interested parties.  God has been so faithful in taking care of us and last week one of those people decided they wanted our Jeep.  I, of course, cried because I LOVE that Jeep and also, it's just another step toward leaving Spokane.  It's bitter-sweet really.

Prayer requests for Norah and me: please pray for Norah during this strange time that she's loved more than enough and that I am able to spend extra special time with her as we wait.  Pray also for my heart, that God would continue to keep me tender and leaning into Him.  Also pray that I can sort through my many conflicting emotions... I might have to cry it out a little to get all these changes processed :)  Thank you for your encouragement and prayers.

I'll post the Germany update very soon!

2 comments:

Rebekah Wallace said...

oh Kel, I can identify with the emotions of overwhelmedness (a word?)...thinking of you tonight and proud that you are brave and keep trusting God with it all!!

Anonymous said...

I love these verses and will be praying them for you.

Ephesians 4:13-18
When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.

Praying for you during this very stressful time.

Hugs,
Julie Corbett (Shell's sister in law!)

p.s. my google account won't let me sign in.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...